Sunday, July 5, 2009

Good News!

Today was the second weigh-in at church for me. Yea!! I've lost three pounds since last week! Even with the somewhat-indulgent July 4 Party last night.

Weight Watchers is going really well. I've modified a couple of recipes, which turned out well. We've found some yummy things for snacks that aren't too many points:
  • Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches (2)
  • 1 slice of Beefsteak Hearty Rye bread with Light Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (2)
  • Light Baby Bell (1)
I'm sure we'll find more as we continue on this little journey. The kids haven't seemed to notice, so that's good! :-)

(Okay, that's not entirely true. The other night Pearl asked me why Daddy and I wanted to be skinny like "me and Macey." I explained that it's not about being skinny or fat, round or flat, but about being healthy and making healthy choices. She will occasionally ask me now how many points she's eating! Silly girl.)


Oh, for those keeping track:
When I first started this blog, I wanted to lose 35 pounds. With the move, I managed to add a few pounds, so when I started Weight Watchers, I guessed my weight about five pounds more than where I started. This was in part because I had knowingly gained a few pounds and also because weigh-ins at church would be clothed. No neked weigh-ins first thing in the morning are allowed there ... I know, weird, huh? :-) So, since I've started Weight Watchers (and the Biggest Loser Club at church), I've lost 4.6 pounds. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment