Recipe: Chicken Pie
From: Georgia Cooking win an Oklahoma Kitchen: Recipes from My Family to Yours (Trisha Yearwood)
Category: Main Dishes
Rating: Pretty good! The adults enjoyed it more than the kids. Miss P liked the filling, but not the topping ... I could have eaten a whole pan of just the topping.
Ingredients:
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken**
2 cups chicken broth
1 10-oz. can cream of chicken
1 cup self-rising flour
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup butter (1 stick), melted
1 cup buttermilk, well shaken
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put the chicken in a 2-quart casserole dish. Combine the broth and soup in a medium saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil. Pour the broth mixture over the chicken.
3. In a separate medium bowl, mix the flour with the pepper. Stir in the melted butter and the buttermilk. Pour this mixture over the casserole and smooth the top; do not stir. Bake the casserole for 45 minutes or until the crust is brown and the filling beneath is hot and bubbly.
**Note: I used leftover pork roast instead of chicken. And, I didn't measure it out, but it looked to be about three cups or so! Leftovers of the filling were good over a piece of toast for lunch today!
**Note: I used leftover pork roast instead of chicken. And, I didn't measure it out, but it looked to be about three cups or so! Leftovers of the filling were good over a piece of toast for lunch today!
Chicken (Pork) Pie right out of the oven.
On the plate with some broccoli and cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment