Recipe: Turkey Rice Casserole
From: Let's Cook: Healthy Meals for Independent Living (Elizabeth D. Riesz, Ph.D. and Anne Kissack, M.P.H., R.D.)
Category: Supper
Rating: Pretty Good!
WW PointsPlus: 6; serves 6 (made with spinach)
Ingredients:
1 cup instant brown rice, cooked
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or frozen peas
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 10.5 ounce can reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
Directions:
WW PointsPlus: 6; serves 6 (made with spinach)
Ingredients:
1 cup instant brown rice, cooked
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or frozen peas
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 10.5 ounce can reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
Directions:
- Prepare instant brown rice, according to directions. Set aside.
- Brown turkey. Turn heat to low.
- Add soup, mushrooms, rice and dry onion soup mix.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Note: I rarely follow directions! ;-) I didn't have or like mushrooms. I actually doubled the recipe and added a box of thawed and drained chopped spinach. I then topped our portion with some mozzarella cheese and baked it for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees when we were ready to eat. I also probably doubled the riced, and the texture/consistency was just fine. Oh, and I used a whole packet of onion soup mix for the doubled recipe, because what was I going to do with half a packet? That's just silly!
No comments:
Post a Comment