Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 6: Bonus: Chocolate Banana Bread

Recipe:  Chocolate Banana Bread
From:  Allrecipes.com
Category:  Breakfast
Rating:  My kids can't get enough of this stuff!

Note:  This is not a new recipe, but I often get requests for it when I mentioned I am making it.  It has a pretty mild banana/chocolate flavor that ends up being a bit of perfection!  I usually make 12 muffins, 4 mini loaves and 1 full-size loaf with this recipe.

 

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips  (I use minis)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean. 
  4.  

    No comments:

    Post a Comment