Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 7: Antipasti Pull-Apart Pizza

Recipe: Antipasti Pull-Apart Pizza
From: Pampered Chef's Fall/Winter 2010 Season's Best
Category: Main Dishes
Rating: It was a great supper!
WW PointsPlus: 4 (16 servings; 4 pieces per serving), as written below

Ingredients:
2 tsp olive oil, divided
2 pkg (11 oz. each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 jar (12 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
1 8 oz. block mozzarella cheese
1 medium red bell pepper
1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 oz Parmesan cheese, divided
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Brush large pizza stone with 1 tsp of the oil.  Cut the dough lengthwise, then crosswise into 16 slices (will have a total of 32 half moon type pieces).  Repeat for remaining dough.  Arrange dough on baking stone leaving 1/2 inch border around the edge and spacing 1/2 inch apart; brush with remaining oil.  Bake 14-16 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
  2. Meanwhile, for antipasti, coarsely chop artichokes.  Dice mozzarella cheese into 1/2 inch cubes and dice bell pepper.  Slice olives.  Combine artichokes, mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, olives, garlic, salt and black pepper; mix well.
  3. Remove baking stone from oven.  Grate half of the Parmesan cheese over crust; top with antipasti.  Bake 5-7 minutes or until mozzarella cheese is melted.  Remove from oven; grate remaining Parmesan cheese over the top and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Okay, folks ... while I would really love to say that I made this as written; I did not.  I only used one loaf of French bread, and topped it with a mixture of pasta sauce, cheese and mini pepperonis. I have to serve this food to kids!  However, it was Valentine's Day, so I made the best of it!  It was actually the "right" amount of food for our family, and everyone appreciated the shape of our V-Day supper.

 Before the dough met the oven.

The final dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment