Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 8: Chocolate Cake (Gluten, Dairy and Egg Free)

Recipe: Chocolate Cake
From: Youth Enrichment Services We're Cookin', Submitted by Jim A.
Category: Dessert
Rating:  The people I made this for:  my nephew, sister-in-law and supervisor at work all thought it was fabulous!  I also thought it was pretty good. 
WW PointsPlus:  6 (24 servings)


Ingredients:
3 cups brown rice flour
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
5 Tbs cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups cold water
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs vinegar


Directions:
  1. Mix everything together and pour into a 9 x 13-inch greased pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Note:  If you don't need this gluten free, you can use regular flour.  I would like to add a little cinnamon and try using half applesauce/half oil next time.  And, I would like to remember to take a picture next time.  Sorry!  There was a lot going on last weekend when I made this.  Also, I made a 9-inch round cake and an 8-inch square cake (instead of a 9 x 13) and topped them both with powered sugar.  Rest-assured, it looked like a chocolate cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment