Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 33: Seasoned Pasta


Recipe:  Seasoned Pasta
From:  The Best of Cooking with 3 Ingredients (Ruthie Wornall)
Category: Main Dish; Side Dish
Rating: Pretty good.  I put both main and side dish, as it is listed as a side dish, but it was our main dish.  Guess it depends on what you are serving it with; we added fresh tomatoes and feta cheese to our ... it was really good then!  The kids like it plain.

Ingredients:
2 (14.5 ounce) cans seasoned chicken broth with Italian Herbs (I could not find this, so I just threw in some Italian spices.)
2 cups uncooked, corkscrew pasta
1/2 to 1 cup Parmesan cheese


Directions:

  1. Heat broth in a sauce pan until it boils.  Stir in uncooked pasta.
  2. Reduce heat and simmer on medium until pasta is fork tender, stirring often.
  3. Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment