Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 38 (Bonus #2): Pineapple Apple Pie


Recipe:  Pineapple Apple Pie
From:  Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking (tasteofhome.com)
Category:  Dessert
Rating:  I was told it was good!  I took it to a potluck, and it was gone before I got a chance to try it.  I guess that's a pretty good endorsement.  :-)  I used a pie crust from Pioneer Woman's cookbook that I had frozen.


Ingredients:
Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, undrained
3 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

TOPPING:
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, melted

Directions:
  1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the apples and pineapple. Combine the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apple mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to pastry.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over filling.
  3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is browned. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 10 servings.





No comments:

Post a Comment