Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 42 (Bonus #2): Sangria

Recipe:  Sangria
From:  The Pioneer Woman Cooks (Ree Drummond)
Category: Dessert??
Rating:  It was good, but it made a lot!!

Ingredients:
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into cubes
1 cup green seedless grapes
1 cup red seedless grapes
2 cups pineapple chunks
1 small unpeeled orange, thinly sliced
2 unpeeled lemons, thinly sliced
2 unpeeled limes, thinly sliced
1.5 liter red wine
1.5 liter dry white whine
1 cup orange-flavored rum  (I used a four little bottles of random stuff)
1 cup orange-flavored vodka (see above note about rum)
1 cup sugar

Directions:
  1. Chop up all the fruit you'd like apples, grapes, pineapple, orange, lemons and limes.
  2. Place the fruit in a large container.
  3. Next start pouring in the liquids.
  4. Add the sugar.
  5. Stir well, then cover and refrigerate for several hours, giving the fruit and liquids times to meld.  Serve in glasses over ice, and have tongs nearby so guests can help themselves to the fruit, which is a hugely delicious treat!


 I know, not an attractive serving dish, but it was all I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment