From: Healthy Cooking for your Kids (Sarah Banbery)
Category: Breakfast or Dessert (I made them as an after school snack.)
Rating: Really good! I really liked that it only made six. Mine had nuts on top; the kids aren't big nut eaters.
Ingredients:
generous 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
generous 1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced and chilled (pretty sure I just used regular butter)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 3/4 oz. dried cherries (here is where I used mini chocolate chips ... a generous 1/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoons chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Directions:
Ingredients:
generous 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
generous 1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced and chilled (pretty sure I just used regular butter)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 3/4 oz. dried cherries (here is where I used mini chocolate chips ... a generous 1/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoons chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the flours, baking powder and butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the sugar, spices and chocolate chips and pulse briefly to mix.
- Add the egg and milk and pulse again to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured counter and knead briefly.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces, form each piece into a ball, and place on a baking sheet. Press down lightly, brush with milk and sprinkle with the nuts. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment